With the HIX S-450 Auto Release Heat Transfer machine, you have worry-free operation. When the job is finished, the clamshell lid pops open and stops the heat transfer process – but the upper platen stays hot and set to your pre-set temperature. It’s ready to work when you are!
The HIX S-450 utilizes an exclusive electronically activated mechanical latch release mechanism with a gas shock assist to help enhance and support your operations. No compressor required. Free operation, reduce fatigue, and increase productivity – all with one press.
The easy-to-use open and close handle has spring assist and a full range pressure adjustment. It also provides even pressure on thicker items while adding 20% more pressure over straight handle designs.
Quality driven at every point, the HIX S-450 is built to be rugged and durable for years of reliable service. Every heat casting at HIX is manufactured in a permanent steel cavity mold using HIX-exclusive aluminum alloy for maximum heat transfer. The HIX S-450 has a 15″ x 15″ heat platen that can apply all types of transfers on items up to 1″ thick. The floating lower platen helps provide even pressure on thicker items, no matter were it’s applied. HIX presses provide completely even pressure from edge to edge, even at high temps.
The S-450 features a touch-screen controller with digital time that is adjustable up to 999 seconds. It shows a time countdown on readout, beeps after elapsed time, and resets when the handle is raised. The calibrated digital temperature control is adjustable up to 450°F (232°C) and displays the current temperature.
The S-450 sets the standard in the auto release heat press industry because of its ruggedness, quality construction, and years of trouble-free performance. If you’re looking for high production capabilities, this is the heat press you need!
The S-450 now comes with a free Splitter Stand (as pictured above), allowing for the operators to “dress” the shirt easily over the lower platen, keeping the back of the shirt positioned underneath the machine and away from the heat and compression.
This is handy when trying to avoid double-compression and heating of a previously applied transfer on the same shirt. In case of sublimation ink, it will also avoid all ink migration to the back side of the shirt.
- Easy integrated digital time and temperature settings – Touch-screen controller allows simple dialing in of time and temperature. From the touch-screen controller, preset selections of temperature-time combinations can be easily programmed into the machine.
- The current pressure is displayed on the touch-screen display each time the press closes. The pressure is easily changed with the black pressure dial on the face of the control housing (clockwise for more, counter-clockwise for less). There are nine settings: 0-3 for light pressure, 4-6 for medium, and 7-9 for heavy. This is a great feature, especially if you press a lot of different thicknesses.
- Tilting (floating) lower platen – The bottom platen tilts up towards the upper platen as the heat press closes. This equalizes pressure, even when pressing thick items like a quarter-inch thick 8×10 ceramic tile.
- Top Pressure Plate – The handle attaches to a 4″x5″ pressure plate on the top platen instead of a single screw going into the top platen. This provides more even pressure on the outside edges of the press (think of it as pushing down with your entire hand, versus just your thumb).
- Certified electrically safe (ETL) – The “Electrical Testing Laboratory” seal means HIX presses have passed a rigid and demanding independent testing process, and have been certified electrically safe.
- 100% Made in the USA – HIX has its own 110,000 sq ft manufacturing facility with its very own fully integrated aluminum foundry, CNC mill operation, welding, metal forming, wiring, fabrication, assembly, and packaging departments.
- A one-year general warranty and lifetime warranty on the heater element.
Unopened, Unused items are applicable for returning within 30 days. Buyer pays return shipping. You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.